Shift work 4.30am-23,00pm
Salary £9.00- per hour
Characteristics of the position
We are here to maintain the kitchen and back of house areas to the highest standard. We are responsible for helping organise
deliveries and maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen and store areas.
We are here for hospitality – that is our business. Everything we do should revolve around being hospitable to all our guests,
colleagues and business partners.
Direct Manager: Store Manager/ Assistant Manager/ Supervisor/ Team Leader
Performance areas Duties
- Food preparation/
- Ensure all food preparation is made and executed to Company standards in presentation,
quantity and freshness
- Communicate with kitchen and store management team to ensure adequate stocking of all
- Ensure correct use of allocated colour knife and board for all food preparation in line with
Food Safety regulations
- Stock/ deliveries • Ensure correct receipt of deliveries including temperature, expiry date, intact packaging and
checking against delivery note
- Refuse any delivery not matching Company set requirements and report immediately to a
member of the store management team
- Ensure correct storage of all deliveries in accordance with unit’s requirements, Company set
requirements and UK/EU Food Safety regulations
- Ensure rotation of stock following the “FIFO” (First In First Out) rule
- Ensure wastage is kept to a minimum whenever possible.
- Equipment • Ensure correct and safe use of all Company equipment at all times in accordance with
Company set requirements and Health & Safety regulations
- Ensure correct use of Personal Protective Equipment whenever necessary
- Ensure any equipment dysfunction or maintenance issues are reported to the store
management team immediately. Ensure any Company equipment is always in good working
condition and report any operational problem to the manager on the duty immediately
- Responsible for cleaning of equipment on regular basis in accordance with cleaning
schedules. Ensure any dangerous items are safely isolated before maintaining of cleaning
in line with Health & Safety regulations. Ensure equipment is disassembled before cleaning
- Responsible for using correct cleaning product in the indicated manner for cleaning
equipment in line with Company and/or manufacturer set requirements
- Cleanliness • Responsible for maintaining the highest standard of cleanliness throughout shift in kitchen
and storage areas including sanitising of surfaces and equipment in accordance with
- Assist store management with cleanliness of any other areas in store when requested.
- Ensure correct use of Personal Protective Equipment whenever necessary and in
accordance with COSHH guidelines.
- Ensure chemicals are stored and used correctly in accordance with COSHH regulations and
Company set requirements.
- Ensure refuse is taken out whenever required or at the prescribed times and at the correct
- Ensure full completion of duties for unit opening and closing.
- Assist the management team with the ordering of cleaning products.
- Team work • Work in tandem with work colleagues in order to provide guests with the most efficient
- Work in tandem with work colleagues to ensure full availability of equipment, crockery,
cutlery and glassware throughout the day
Develop good communication with work colleagues to help maintain team spirit